Windows provide outdoor views, sunlight, and ventilation. But did you know 10-25% of energy can escape through outdated windows? Whether it’s time to invest in replacement windows, or maintain newer energy-efficient windows, we at Glass-Rite want to help.
Serving New Mexico and Southern Colorado, Glass-Rite has been manufacturing and installing energy saving replacement windows for over 25 years. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal, and we guarantee our windows.
After installation, a little maintenance will go a long way toward maximizing the beauty and functionality of windows for years to come. The purpose of this article is to provide tips on how to care for replacement windows, and here are a few actions that we recommend.
- Monitor the exterior caulking once a year and recaulk with high quality silicone if needed
- Keep tracks and sills free of dirt so windows can open easily and close with a tight seal
- Wash frames with a soft cloth or brush
- Avoid using any harsh abrasive cleaners, strong detergents, or solvents
- Remove debris from tracks to keep inside and outside “weep holes” draining
- Avoid spraying window exteriors with local water; the high mineral content can leave spots
For information on New Mexico window installation, maintenance, or other window replacement need, contact the experts at Glass-Rite. Or, simply stop by our Albuquerque window showroom and workshop to see how window replacements can increase the energy savings, comfort, quiet, and beauty of your home.