Here at Glass-Rite we carry Jeld-Wen vinyl sliding glass doors. There are two different grades of vinyl frame available, and with each door, you get several options for the glass including energy efficient Low-E. Jeld-Wen vinyl sliding glass doors include a matching screen and can be ordered with optional keyed locks on the handle-set. There are many different options for these doors including grid patterns that can be inside the double-pane unit or outside to give it more of an historical feel.
As the least expensive and most energy efficient option, more people are putting vinyl sliding doors in their homes. Why choose vinyl?
- Vinyl patio doors are lighter weight doors than the old aluminum sliders, and the frames are much more energy efficient.
- A major benefit of vinyl doors is that the frame has welded corners. This essentially makes the frame one solid piece of vinyl, and there is little to no possibility for air infiltration.
- Vinyl sliding doors also typically come with an energy efficient Low-E glass and are available in many styles. Using a Low-E insulated glass unit instead of single or double-pane clear glass will make a big difference in comfort due to the large volume of glass.
- Sliding doors are also a great space saver. In a room where there is no space for doors to swing open, sliders provide much more space.
- Vinyl sliding glass doors will usually include a matching sliding screen door.
With so many options available, we understand that can be a challenge, but in reality, it is very easy to customize doors for your specific needs. Whichever style of patio doors you choose will brighten any room by bringing much more light into your home! As always, we at Glass-Rite offer free, no pressure, and on-site estimates, and we would be pleased to have an opportunity to help with your next project.